So I have been wanting to try Essential Oils. Have you? Maybe you already know about them but I am learning about them and thought I would share a recipe that I found online. You can do oils three ways; one, ingest them (be careful with this, make sure they are consumable, and usually you can put them in an empty capsule or add them to something you are consuming – I am not a doctor so you may want to check with one). Two, you can do aromatherapy and simply inhale them or put them in a diffuser (that you keep in a room). Lastly, you can apply them to your skin (again, it is important to be careful with what you put on your skin). Some can be applied directly to your skin and others need something as a carrier like glycerin or coconut oil for dilution before application.
I decided to start with Lavender. I love the smell of Lavender! It’s so fresh and springlike. It is also a great one to help you relax. I decided to make a roll on bottle of Lavender for new hair growth and to fight dandruff (ick)! I will report back after using this for awhile to see if I notice a difference in both of these areas! I really hope it works!
So let’s create our Lavender Hair Growth/Anti-Dandruff recipe! So you will need some things to make this!
Glass roll on bottles (glass hold the oils best and this particular one below comes with 6 bottles, 6 rollers, a dropper and 6 caps) 6 New, High Quality, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – .5 ml Dropper Included
Lavender Essential Oil (therapeutic grade, I purchased a starter set with six essential oils) Aromatherapy Top 6 Essential Oils 100% Pure & Therapeutic grade – Basic Sampler Gift Set & Premium Kit – 6/10 Ml (Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint)
Vegetable Glycerin (softens and moisturizes and is multi-purpose) Vegetable Glycerin 16oz. Non-GMO, Food-grade & USP Grade – Amazing Benefits for Hair & Skin – Excellent Emollient Qualities- UV Resistant BPA free
Measuring Spoons (specifically you will need a tablespoon) Bekith Good Grips Plastic Measuring Cups and Spoons, Mixed Colors, Set of 10
*Small Plastic Funnel (to pour the glycerin in the bottle so you do not make a mess 🙂
Norpro 243 3-Piece Plastic Funnel Set
- Get your glass roll on bottle and put the funnel in it.
- Pour one tablespoon of vegetable glycerin into the glass roll on bottle.
3. Let the glycerin drain into the bottle for about a minute or so, so you do not lose any product, then remove the funnel.
4. Taking your dropper that came with your roll on bottle set, draw up some Lavender Essential Oil.
5. Carefully, count out 8 drops into your bottle with the glycerin.
6. Place the roller ball on top of your bottle and press down firmly until it snaps into place.
7. Screw the cap on and close tightly.
8. Shake well to mix the ingredients together. Voila’ you now have your New Hair Growth/Anti-Dandruff concoction ready to go! Be sure you label the bottle and list all of your ingredients so you know what is in it and can make it again if you like!
9. Apply to problem areas on your scalp. Be sure and do a test patch first to see if you might have a possible reaction. If you have any irritation or problems, discontinue use immediately.
So there you have it! I am excited to try this recipe out and see if it works for me and I hope you try it and have some good results! Let me know what you think? Pin to save it or share on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! Would you like to receive helpful emails to let you live life better, fuller and more enjoyable? Sign up and/or share a comment below! Our list is never sold or shared with anyone, so sign up today!