What’s on my mind? People out of work. People looking for better jobs. I wanted to share what God put on my heart for these types of situations:
This job ministry has been recommended to me by a friend. I thought you or someone you know might be interested in the Houston Area?
They meet weekly to help with job searches, etc. I also do resume writing and would be happy to answer any questions you might have!
I recommend bathing your job search in prayer, Scripture Reading and then action –
1. Praise Him – See Ps. 106:2, Eph. 3:20, Jer. 32:17 – praise releases God’s power. We come always to praise Him first in our prayers – He is worthy to be praised and even in the midst of our storms, He is to be acknowledged as our Sovereign Lord. See more Scriptures on Praise: (http://www.openbible.info/topics/praise_and_worship)
2. Thank God as Jehovah Jireh – See Gen. 22:14 – God is your Provider – for giving you life, you your family, etc. dwell on your blessings and thank Him. We should always be thankful to the Lord – even in dire circumstances – God has done things for us and our loved ones – never let us forget to thank Him. For more Scriptures on Jehovah Jireh – http://www.openbible.info/topics/jehovah_jireh
3. Confess to God – See 1 John 1:9. Confession is good for the soul. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” We all fall short of the glory of God. And our prayers can be hindered or not granted if we harbor our sins, resentments or grievances and do not attempt to reconcile to God and others. See more Scriptures on Confessing (http://www.openbible.info/topics/confession_of_sin)
4. Ask God for what you need – See what Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-12 Be specific in what you ask. – Ask God to give you wisdom and discern as to where your next position in your career will be? Ask God to bless employers to find the right employees. Ask God to connect you to the right people to find the right position. Ask God to give You insight on what should be on your resume? Where should you send it? What places will you go and whom will you visit to find your next job? Write down (journal) what happens in this season of your life – it will help you to discern your direction, to see God in action and to record your life events. See more Scriptures on Asking: (http://www.openbible.info/topics/ask_and_you_shall_receive)
5. Act – See James 1:23-25, 2 Peter 1:5-8, Col. 3:23-24 – Seek God daily for guidance. Read His Word, pray, discern and then ACT on what the Holy Spirit Shows you. Make a schedule, exhaust every opportunity to connect with others. You never know whom will be the connection you need! See more Scriptures on Action http://www.openbible.info/topics/taking_action
6. Wait – See Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 27:13-14 – Learn to wait on the Lord… Since we do not know the day or time of the answer to this prayer – we must trust God’s timing and wait. Waiting is so very hard to do! What do we do while we wait? We pray, we read His Word, we praise and thank Him, we do our part and then we wait on the Lord. See more Scriptures on Waiting on God: http://www.openbible.info/topics/waiting_on_god
I pray that this bless you and yours! I am praying for your family! Please feel free to share!